Cadcorp SIS 8
New and enhanced core functionality. Multiple performance improvements. And a free-to-use desktop GIS.
- SIS 8 extends the Cadcorps SIS product family with a new free-to-use desktop GIS: Map Express.
- A new proprietary data format has been introduced that offers access to the rich set of vector, raster, and topological data in Cadcorp SIS, while simultaneously reducing memory requirements.
- Expression handling has been substantially improved, offering both improved performance and more advanced queries.
- The wide range of editing and analysis tools available in SIS have been refactored into a powerful, yet easy-to-use, "processing" framework.
- Thematic mapping functionality has been improved and extended, allowing for improved map production, and advanced on-the-fly analysis.
- The desktop SIS 3D window and the associated SIS Control 3D window have been completely rewritten to take advantage of modern CPU and GPU hardware.
- Desktop SIS has additional usability improvements, building on the work already done in SIS 7.1.
- Customisation and automation of SIS have been extended by adding support for the Python programming language, both embedded in SIS and by making core SIS functionality available within Python itself.
- GeognoSIS® gains an entirely new API - designed specifically for modern web application development, upgraded OGC service implementations, and brand new INSPIRE services. GeognoSIS management has been enhanced with changes to GeognoSIS Manager and the addition of GeognoSIS notifications.
Cadcorp SIS 8 is certified Open Geospatial Consortium, Inc. (OGC) compliant.