WEBINAR: Emergency Planning and Civil Contingency within a Local Authority
A webinar on maximising the benefits of a GIS for assessing the risk of emergencies occurring and to inform contingency planning
Local Authorities play a major role in safeguarding their residents. Emergency Planning teams are using location to help identify risks and to reduce the impact that the risk could have on people, property, environment.
A Geographic Information System (GIS) enables Emergency Planning teams to account for location, which is critical in understanding, planning for and communicating hazards, risks and vulnerabilities.
This webinar shows how to maximise the benefits of a GIS for assessing the risk of emergencies occurring and to inform contingency planning. We look at:
- Why a GIS is the ideal tool for supporting Emergency Planning teams within Local Authorities
- How web mapping supports emergency planning across organisations
- The application of GIS for making informed decisions within the emergency planning process
- The benefits of dashboards for communicating risks, emergencies, and contingency plans
- Examples of GIS in action in various emergency planning scenarios
This webinar will be of interest to Local Authorities that use or are considering GIS as a resource for ensuring communities are well-informed and prepared.